Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Enormously Blessed

I know this sound really crappy but it may serve as a reminder to all of us, to never take everything we have for granted.

Was at my GP's clinic this morning and reading some articles in a copy of Marie Claire. One on young Nepalese girls from poor families who got sold by their parents to circus owners in India. The girls often have to eat food infested with worms, get beaten by men, raped by the circus owner, etc.

I left the clinic feeling enormously blessed to be where I am, what I have. Later in the day everything seemed glittery and nice...I went grocery shopping in Tesco and while I pushed the trolley walking through rows and rows of neatly lined fresh foods and supplies I think of people in other places who might never live to see what I saw, or enjoy the food I eat.

The world would be a better place if we all start to love a little more of what we have. Be it our job (no matter how crappy), our old car (rattling like mine? But it's working), our bed, our parents, boyfriends, dogs...

Boyfriends, yes...wonderful thing in life, lovers.

My man dropped in to see me before he rushed to office for work. He picked up some earrings from the airport this morning, couldn't feel anymore feminine wearing the dangly pearly ones he picked.

"I looked for the two longest pairs and bought them." he quipped, he who tolerates my habit of changing a few times before going out.

I told him I feel so incredibly lucky to have his love and I wonder what I have done to deserve these good things in life.

I sure hope to get my voice back so I may resume singing, the singing soul doctor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|