Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Embracing it....everything


If rejection had a taste, then the one on Sunday would have been of hot green tea. One of the best quotes I heard recently is "Rejection is common, darling." -- Peter Ong.

Anyway it took me (only) two days to get over screwing up my call back audition for Magic Flute. I'm happy (I think) I'm over but am sad that I have live with the fact that I screwed it, and not being able to play Papagena...this year.

I bought a mop for the pad, finally. I can't wait to mop floor.

Sunday's gathering at Kak Yan's was needed....more parties this year will come, for M folks.

Sister bought me Eric Taylor's The AB (what's AB...I think it's Associated Board) Guide to Music Theory, Part I. I have Part II from a few years ago because See Ming bought me that from flea market.

Am re-reading Mark Haddon's A Curious Incident of A Dog In The Night-time. My brother now has a copy too, for his birthday. Oh yes, I spent his birthday with him....we have never done this before, the three of us, sis, bro and I, we have never spent anyone's birthdays with each other, before....not for as long as I can remember, since we came to KL.

It's funny how I feel that this should be my prime chasing after fame, money and all things shiny, but there are so many moments where I feel that I just crave to be loved (I am) and love people around me and I can't tell you straight in your face what my goal in life is. I'm asked that every other week and though M is over barely two weeks ago...I feel like the world is screaming at me, "Lazy fat ass, what the hell are you going to do now, for money, for living? Sing? Are you kidding me?"

I guess it's easier to hiss at a jobless person with no goal in life rather than someone who earns a decent living who has no goal.

Anyway, these are my short-term goals, action plan, missions, objectives, whatever you want to call it:

Mop floor
Read music theory book
Play keyboard
Learn Una Voce poco fa
Practise my exam songs (if I do well then there's a chance for me to to actually register to do ATCL at year end and actually pass)
Read books (from my book shelves)
Plan and practise recital repertoire
Write
Make M photo albums

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|