Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Of Anniversaries and bad behaviour

What happens when you forget your best friend's birthday?

You could end up in her `shit-list’(learn new thing everyday), like me.

Anyway, I guess it’s deemed bad behaviour when you forget someone (close to you)’s birthday…

After realising my absolutely fatalistic mistake for not keeping a `birthdays alarm’ (second new word learned today), I tried to analyse whether I should be consumed by guilt for offending my best buddy with my stupid mistake of not having a memory on such important occasion.

But then again, I can’t deny that birthdays and other anniversaries have little significance to me. So I guess the question now is, am I evil because I did not respect my best friend’s perception of the importance of birthdays? You see, the impression I got when the announcement came that I’m on the shit list was that I deserve to be on it because I allowed myself to forget that date.

Something wrong with me? Do I need social engineering?

The world I know in general, celebrates birthdays, wedding anniversaries, Christmas, dating anniversaries, death anniversaries, Valentine’s day, etc. No wonder I feel like I’m the idiot who think otherwise…everyone gives a damn but me? I can’t be normal when everyone else is acting the other.

Or would I be forgiven and be excused for having my own perception on the importance of these dates and the acceptable behaviour on the subject of birthdays…?

Perhaps I just gotta figure out a way to strike a balance between keeping my own ways with things and cohabiting with people I chose to live with in my social circle. To have things and want things my own way can also be seemed as `selfish’.

While I think it is damn silly to hold on to the birthday thing, I can’t impose it to others to think like me. You can’t agree, you have to respect and accept.

Other things I don’t give a damn to: (don’t mean to sound superior or arrogant, it’s just something I have to say, in the name of freedom of choice)

Expensive and extravagant Chinese 8-course dinners for weddings and such (especially those tasteless hotel food)
Award-winning TV serials
TV
Diamond rings
Owing the latest hand phones
Hollywood flicks
Da Vincci code
Seafood
Meat products

But in the meantime, I stay in the shit list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|