Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Pleasure and conscience

March 11-14 - staff trip (Perth? Saigon? Hong Kong?)
March 12 & 13 - east coast beach cleaning and children science camp

Torn between pleasure and conscience. If I opt to skip the all-paid for holiday with office mates, sadly, I will need to show up in an empty office to work when I come back from my noble beach-cleaning trip in Rantau Abang, while my colleagues vacation in some exotic place.

If I skipped the beach cleaning and science camp, I won't get to see those children get an education in beach-side camping, staying up to star-gaze, make little experiments, tasting Encik Razali's wife's cooking, clean beach and swim in the sea.

Sigh.

....planning to skip the company trip (sounds stupid to some in the office that I would consider skipping weekend holiday to go to dirty beach with some screaming kids) wouldn't do I found out, because the rest of the office would have to postpone the trip if I'm not going, waaa, pressure, all eyes on me.

Saigon or Rantau Abang?

Star-gazing or shopping?

Screaming children or crazy tourists?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|