Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

What Do You Want?

Gopi!!! Drop me a line will you? Same email address as before.

Blogging can be a fantastic mode of keeping in touch with friends, I've received sms, emails, and phone calls from friends as the result of posting here.

These days I can count my number of friends with two hands. No good. Most people I know agree that as your age go up your number friends go down.

~Z said when you start to spend more time with yourself and less hanging with buddies, that's when you know what you want to do with yourself/your life.

I agree to a certain extend. My social life/calendar has gone a lot quieter when I had a `partner'. I was happy and contented, so I go to work, tend to errands, meet close friends occasionally, go auditions, sing, all the `serious' stuff. Calling up old friends and going mamak/yum cha just didn't seem worth my time anymore, then. I was just happy with the smaller circle of people I was seeing, I did less people-related activities and more productive (perceived as productive by me) activities like cleaning up my room, attending rehearsals, getting auditions, going shopping, reading, cooking...you get the drift la.

But while doing that it didn't mean I knew what I wanted in life. Maybe we don't really know if we really did know what we want till we die.

I was just growing mellow and grown to prefer quiet times, not that I was suddenly enlightened. Since the parting from J's house, I have learned to face issues more openly, or at least I think I have. It's true you know, what people say about hardship/obstacles/set-backs:

"Sometimes life deals us a "set-back" card which may feel like it's taking us a few steps back... but in hindsight, it helps us run faster and gain momentum to jump across the chasm to discover great new things."
- by `untitled' posted on Soul Doctor speaks on 10.12.04

I totally agree with that statement now. I think both J and I are happier (I hope he is really) now, life has a funny way of taking care of things.

Now I spend more time thinking about the times when I was distracted at work and how I would like to move on at work. I think about saving more money, and afford to give a bit more to parents, I think about how I'm singing better now and where this singing is taking me.

I also hope to schedule more time to see a few people I haven't seen for ages, and I remember they used to inspire me.

Also, I should make use of the swimming pool at my place more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|