Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Holiday with Sunny

I thought I'd give my Sunny a much deserved test run to Taiping this holiday, with my brother as the `test-drive passenger'.

Lunch with office mates, conversations revolved round strategic travelling during the Deepavali-Raya weekend. According to two of them, if you are planning to a Malacca trip form KL and want to avoid traffic, start driving round 5am. Too bad if all of you decided to take this advice, then the roads will get congested round 5am, hahaha!

Coming back to Sunny going to Taiping. Was so worried that he would die on me on the highway, I took him to MK (my smart-ass but honest mechanic) on Monday, just for re-assurance that the car will survive the trip there and back. His men replaced my air-con thermostat (is that how it's spelled?) and checked the engine oil, water...and whatever else needed checking.

Since it was raining heavily, my driver seat door was leaking as usual. So we (I had the honour of J's company to the workshop) took Sunny to the nearby car accessory shop, the same one who sold me their car-seat covers.

So I got them to order the `door rubber'. That took about one and half hours to arrive, so I stuffed my face with nasi lemak while waiting.

Under J's advice I got them to replace those plastic thingy on top of the four windows....you know the `roof' that stops rain from running straight in your eyes if you happen to be winding down your window when it rains.

Also got them to replace the broken number plate, it survived months with duct tape holding it up.

Then the shop owner try to sell us more things. He did a pretty good job.

So I got a brand new ceiling carpet, with an `Ah Beng' florescent room lamp. J tried to talk me into taking the blue color lamp (Ah Beng x 3), to match my pale blue car....of course I picked the white one.

When I went back yesterday to have the ceiling fixed, the owner tried to sell me:

1. Central locking system
2. Car polish and wax
3. Sun shade stickers
4. Change air-con

I called Mom today, apparently she already knew about my plan of driving home with brother, sneakily. She told me to save the trip (and toll money, gas money, etc) for this and wait for her trip down to KL with Dad next month, to the GRAND (opposite of that la) opening of sister's music school/centre.

Actually it would be quite a relief to my wallet if I skipped this Raya trip in my Sunny. I could easily save about 500 bucks (include pocket money for old folks) or more. I can give money when they come down to KL...and drive them round in Sunny.

That would be lovely. I picture myself picking up my old folks from Puduraya in my newly polished and sweet smelling Sunny Boy, they would marvel at my driving skills and go woo and aah at my powerful air-con, and they would comment how new and clean this 21-year-old car look.

Not many people appreciate my attachment to this old car. My doctor downstairs suggested I replace this one with a Kancil or Kelisa. Never, I would never replace this Sunny with anything smaller...Kancils are for little girls (except you Nic!), I'm too good for a Kancil, even if it's brand new and given to me. I don't pay instalment for this car, every cent I spend on it will mean how good it runs later, which transform into mobility for me.

No regrets, it's the best thing I've bought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|