Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Saturday, June 05, 2021

Day care centre - essential service

June 2, 2021


Essential service - day care centre.  For mom now, she looks the best when people dot on her (aren’t we all like that though?).

Day 2 of full lockdown.  Mom has been spending her afternoons and evenings at my place. Not that I suddenly grown lonely and need company for so many hours in the day.  In fact my curse is that I really enjoy solitude, too much for my own good 


Really is to give our old man some respite from being mom’s 24-7 caregiver.  Ma sister Yvonne Lee has long suggested we arrange for them two to have day offs from each other but now with lockdown and mom’s condition (she doesn’t do well spending nights away from her own familiar pad) - that idea is not a good idea.  

Grateful for my conversation with Laoshi Pearlly Chua recently on this topic that sparked the simple idea of just having mom hangout at my place more, even if it means a few hours a day, or a full day. 

It’s been wonderful so far. Only day 2.  I still manage to get my work done while mom hangs out in the pad.  We took naps.  I play CDs for us (Gershwin, Shidaiqu, Ray Coniff, Beatles).  Have snacks together by the window.  Random chitchats.  It is idyllic at best.  I imagine these are the things I’d do with a lover too - listen to music, share a snack, chitchat, take naps and each indulge in our own work - I was studying a new song today while mom tinkle on the keyboard, trying to play 客人来. 

Dad likes this too. 

Funny how I used to imagine myself working as a volunteer one day at senior homes, making myself useful by providing some company to senior folks.  I’m already on the job.  Looks like I won’t have to audition in future...


#lockdowndiary

#parentingmyparents

#momanddad

#janetwrites 

#HappyMCO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|