Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, January 29, 2021

Sing out loud, dad!

Dad walked in for lunch yesterday, put his iPad down and turned to me, “Hey I just want to tell you, that I want to learn how to sing.”


He proceed to hum a line from Alan Tam’s 朋友to explain his wish to sing only those “slow slow tempo” songs. “I’m old already, I want to enjoy learning new things.” 


I never attempted teaching singing before this, but now I find myself in such a privileged position to share my joy and insights in one of the most amazing human experiences - singing. But it’s not about me 😜


This is dad’s day one in immersion of singing. “Dad, don’t have to jump straight into singing when you’re learning a new song. Have a listen of the recording first, get familiar first and then slowly start to sing along with it.” 


O nyanyi lah ayah! Marilah menyayi, bersenang hati. 

 

#parentingmyparents

#mydad

#janetleemusic

#showgirldiary

#family

#singing

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|