Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Letter eighteen - Day twenty one of your vacation

Dearest J,

I cleared the coffee table in the hall, a few of your things I took from your waterproof pouch have been left there for twenty days.  I place your tobacco bag in the drawer next to the sofa, where your favourite lamp in the house stands, the Richard Lau's creation, Headlight.

Housework is therapeutic.  I cleared out all the flowers too.  There's a single stargazer lily in a bunch of dried out bouquet, still sprouting life and looking rosy.  I kept that lily in a glass of water, hoping to keep it company while it withers away soon.

Finally wiped down the dinning table that's littered with food goodies from friends.  There are tea bags, Happy Moods and Energy Fresh, in tea bags.  There's a can of Vegemite, a small bottle of Ribena, one can of soup left (I ate up the Potato & Leek, and Carrot & Pepper I shared with Nell), a bag of instant Miso soup, a packet of Belgian Chocolate Cookies, Danish butter cookies...

Then there's vegetarian rice dumplings in the freezer, gift from Chels from Penang.

Chels was amused when she came over last week, of how we placed food & books on the same shelf.  Not enough space in the kitchen, I told her.  A few commented how funny it was for them to enter our home and the object that greeted them was the basket of food stuff next to the main door before they see the book case and the rest of the hall.

I put up a placard photo on my FB page that says "This country needs more than a building right now.  It needs hope".  I got that photo off the reject mega tower FB campaign page. They are building a 100-storey tower on the ex-Pudu jail ground.

There's also a great many campaign clips on youtube these few days, in support for anti-gay-teen suicides, the It-Gets-Better project.  President Obama made a clip too.  My favourite so far is the Google's gay employees clip on this.  I hope more companies here can look to Google and model after their business culture, Google culture.

Am watching the Broadway cast of Chicago's clip of the Gets-Better project, I feel better...the music gets to your head and it lifts you.

Ok, am going to get back to cleaning and I should get out of here soon.  I have a cast party to attend and your Mama to visit after.

I think of you all the time.  I love you.

B

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|