Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, March 10, 2008

my precious qi-paos

Ever since YC put the idea in my head (just over two months ago), I've been dreaming about going to China to get some tailor made qi-paos.

I did it, of course it cost to fly to Shenzhen, and spent two nights there (only crazy people like me n J would something like that...we needed to come back in time for the election!) but the reward is...look at these six pieces I ordered. I ordered four pieces in one shop and two in one other shop at the Louhu Commercial City. They made all of them over night, I picked them up just less than four hours I flew home to KL...


this one is what I wanted all the time, a white long one...but maybe I should have chosen a non-lace one....next order lah!
black & purple...

this one I picked the material with ...in the mood of In The Mood For Love

some can you look bigger....like this one..check out the hips

Ah Xin, the shop girl and me..
with the other shop girls...Ah Zen & Ah Fan, we became fast friends :)

so there you go....my first order...a few things I learn:

be very specific, VERY VERY specific

slits should be higher...

certain colors only look good with certain material, think hard before ordering

etc..

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ladyem said...

Wow Janet, you look fabulous!! These qi-paos are gorgeous...looks great on slender-figured women with long necks, which unfortunately excludes me :p although the ones from "In the Mood for Love" were to die for.

So this is the reason you went to China... :)

10:50 AM

 
Blogger adriene said...

hi janet,

the qi paos look great! i especially like the sequinned black one. i have always admired the beauty of qi paos, though i have only ever had 2 which i bought second-hand, which i eventually gave away while on a youth exchange programme!

if you don't mind asking, how much did it cost to tailor the ones you had from Shenzhen? any other tips on tailoring qi paos in Shenzhen?

many thanks,
adriene

6:48 PM

 
Blogger Going-Solo said...

hey adriene,

check out my next post, tips and info for you :)

yes Ema...hehe, i went all the way there for dresses!!! am the biggest vain pot i know;p

11:00 AM

 
Blogger adriene said...

thank u for the v helpful tips!

6:17 PM

 
Blogger YC said...

YAY for your beautiful finds at a fraction of price as compared to KL. teehee. the present i told ya about will complement them nicely:) *wink*

1:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there !!

I luv your qipaos !! Their workmanship is v v good !! Do they make babydoll dresses as well ? Btw,I will be heading to the Shanshui Trends hotel.Appreciate your help if you're able to tell me the direction the moment I alight at Luohu station ?

You can reply me at kisha_keala@hotmail.com

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|