Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Popping in...

I would like to launch, ahem, my very own `pop-song-singing' chapter in my singing career, here.

:D

Yes, I think it's a great time to start adding in some sassy new tunes in my existing repertoire of jazz standards and evergreens -- how about some pop tunes!!

Of course, I mean, I won't attempt covers like Rihanna or Amy Winehouse at this moment but some retro favourites and suitable (for my voice and my pop temperaments) chart hits would be quite apt, seeing that I am starting to plot appearances in hip places like 789 & La Bodega in the Ascott.

So my new objective in music shall be that apart from continuing to find new ways to interpret my and yours favourite jazz standards, I shall get my hands into a bunch of retro & pop classics too, to spread the love of music into great tunes from people like Stevie Wonder, ABBA, Billy Joel, Corrine Bailey, Sting, Carole King, Oleta Adams...why I would love to try my hands on Damien Rice even, should I find my audience...

Come to Ascott tomorrow ok?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

Ah. Guess I saw this blog too late. Missed the event, but look forward to another to catch up on your new repertoire(s).

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|