Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, October 26, 2007

While I vacumm...

I was vacuuming my pad while listening to some new music that I'm learning for an upcoming event performance. In my head I was thinking about how I wished I'd sang better during a performance few days back, and how I always think I'm close to being a fraud...especially when my clients later told me they had enjoyed my performance.

I listened to my own singing on recording, and think to myself that I easily half a dozen people who could do it better, vocally and all.

I know we are our own most critical judges, I hope am right...times like this I want to remind myself some things I need to hear it in my head, whenever I have a cloud of self-doubt (never mind that I just confirmed a new booking for Nov). So this entry is for me :)

It's never about being the best, it's about doing MY best.

And during a performance with audience (which show doesn't have audience?), it's never about having the best vocals, best voice, but about having the best communication, the best rapport with the people I'm singing to.

It's not just about being perfect...it's about so much more, when it's show business.

The work is what I do in private, during my time. The show is when I leave all concerns of vocals and wanting to be perfect behind and step up, and entertain the people I'm meant to sing to....

you.

pic by Celeste Teo, taken at Wine Room on Asian Heritage Row, on Oct 23

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tobiyama said...

Positive Energy & Power to you, Janet~

You look 'world' over there with Ayie & Firdaus~

;)

9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is how we can improve ourself be better in our job, work or performance..

12:20 AM

 
Blogger Nee Shen said...

if you sucked, the complaints will reach you first before the praises.

Take for example, you encountered a bad cashier at a large supermarket chain and a very helpful cashier in the same place.. would you go to the suggestion box to praise the good cashier or would you go and hentam the bad one? Normally people go hentam the bad one and forgot about the good ones.

9:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|