Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Random stream of brainwaves

Lying in bed waiting for my music file backing up on IBM external drive to be done...thought of my recent failed acting audition crept into my head. Not a happy thought I'd say, though I reserve consolation for myself for trying and being hopeful all the way through. I ran through the lines in the email sent to me that conveyed the news in my head...."... If there are any suitable roles or workshops for you in future we will be sure to inform you to attend."

I got the blue...the getting-booted-blue. Just then a new track came playing on my PC, Miles Davis' Summertime. The hauntingly beautiful trumpet line with double bass underlining was too much for me to hang onto my blues...the blue flew out of the window straight away.

Good music lifts a spirit, it always work for me. Don't about the others but it does the mojo for me.

Try that when you got the blue? Play some good music, close your eyes and listen. Email me if you haven't a clue what is good music (no wonder you got the blue then) :)

Oh, something else...had big sinful dinner with girls last night, absolute delight - hawker food.

Two stir fry vege for three - RM 12
Two porridge for three - RM 18
Drinks for three - RM 4
Desserts for three - RM 6
Fry carrot cake - RM 3

All that yummy for three under RM 50 and we stuffed ourselves silly, result - Stuffed.

I told myself and then the girls, imagine the amount of spending I can save if I cut down on eating at restaurants and have hawker food mostly when I eat out. Wow, must be quite a bill...I experimented on having sandwiches for a week (this month bill is rather long one, car maintenance & repairs, studio fees, designer fee, dry cleanings, paying off credit card) and it's really not a bad experience. Whole meal bread with eggs and lots of butter, mustard and mayo or Marmite is really yummy and nutritious?

Back to hawker food, something I hardly eat these days, I have almost forgotten how delicious most dishes are...crunchy bean sprouts with oily carrot cakes, sticky porridge with fried yao-char, curry laksa with toufu, top that with icy cold herbal tea.

And the best deal, cheap.

I count Delicious' pasta to be one of the best in town and cheapest (you might find cheaper pasta that is very very lousy) but it's a main dish for under 20 ringgit, still.

Hmmm, just the thought of the money I'd saved, yum.

Christmas is round the corner, the city has started its usual fan fare and buzz around town the very commercialized activities. Me too la...had my first carolling outing last night, at the 1 Utama Christmas launch. Looking up three floors of people leaning on the balcony looking down at us, an interesting challenge for your neck and on the singing. Five men in black suits with color shirts. The six girls?

pics by SeeMing
Six glorious colors in dresses, I wore green, there was pink on Shy, purple on Yee-Man, white on Yee-Kee, blue on Looi and red on Cheryl.

I was wearing SeeMing's dress...for over a year now it's been on loan to me :)
Godson Max was in the audience, daddy Sim said he blur blur... :)
Merry Christmas and happy new year to all. Well, a year that is new might not be bringing lots of changes or New things but it's a new year nonetheless, a number (2008) that has not gone down the history yet.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger VerSeS said...

u forgot to change shoes for the group pic :p kakaka

1:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|