Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Of dust showers, sun burns and Pesos - part three

Report no. 4, June 26, 8:08am

DAY FIVE - DAY EIGHT
Boracay Island - Manila - Angeles City - LCCT (KUL)

sunnin' on Boracay Island

We got two full days on the island. Day one of arrival could only be considered as half day, we got there late afternoon.

It got bright as day by 6am, sizzling hot by 10am. We got up early to make our minutes count...

Day two on the island, our first full day there.

Walked past a Henna parlour, JW asked if I was up to it. Am not a fan of body art but I said yes, holiday mood I think.

JW getting her pretty flower drawn on
Mine was a big ass gecko, I went all the way with my holiday mood `tourist-tattoo' shopping.
Satisfied customers
Romar is a great tattoo artist
I present to you, Boracay Island, day and night, the malls and its people
Goodbye for now Blue Mango Inn...after two and a half days on the island, it was time to leave the peaceful heaven and dive back into our journey back home. Next stop, Manila.
Hunting in Angeles City

We decided not to stay in Manila for the night as our flight back to Malaysia was from Clark airport, that's about three hours away from Manila. So we took a bus from Manial bust terminal to the nearby city, Angeles for our last night at Philippines. Early next morning we would be out of there and straight to airport and home.

We arrived on yet another tiny tricycle to our hotel for the night, in Angeles - Swiss Chalet Hotel & Restaurant
The neighbourhood

After checking in, w enjoyed our spacious hotel room and its comfy bathroom and bed till we finally dragged ourselves out of there, hunting for dinner.

Dinner at Red Sea restaurant, Arabic food, it was one of the cheapest and best fancy food we've tasted since we got to Philippines.

The night scene, major `hunting routine' for the people there. I quote Wikipedia - "Since the early days of Clark Air Base, Angeles City has become known as a center for prostitution. This industry increased greatly after the end of World War II."

Heading HOME...next morning, June 21

On the way to get a fair rate taxi/jeep-nee to Clark Airport...
In the jeep-nee later, I said JW looked like a happy Japanese tourist in a jail truck...
We were over-efficient, we got there about three two and half hours before check-in time, like many other passengers...guess what, the airport was closed. Closed, airport personnels have yet to arrive, so we waited outside.

I went there looking midly like a Philipina, came back looking exactly like one. Talk about taking in the culture...the day after I went to a gas station and the guy worked asked if I were from Philippines, he was right! I was!

Hours later, back in LCCT (KUL), our silly little bag of check-in liquids over 100ml .
It was a good budget trip, though we kind of did splurged in the food department. Met deadly interesting people, experienced things that taught me lessons (priceless), learned to let things go (in many ways)....

I wouldn't have want it any other way...my Henna tatto is almost all gone now and my tan looks a bit out of place back in the city but I've got what I got, the memories of Malapascua, Cebu bus drivers, Boracay sea, Manila kids, the white shell eggs, the dogs on the beach, clear sky in Boracay...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger dr tes said...

glad you like cebu and malapascua

2:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|