Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Of Singapore things and people...

I have finally, finally, gone digital, digital camera....finally. First patch of digital shoots...for this space. These are the side effects of watching Cabaret in Singapore.

Four Seasons Hotel, window shopping...

Outside Esplanade, dusk

Stole a shoot inside the theatre

Singapore outside Esplanade, night

J told me to look at the light...


Highlight of my trip - the elegant polar bear, Inuka at Singapore Zoo


Halooo

Inuka's mommy, Sheba

Sheba dances

and then the son Inuka took over, he is a tall bugger...

me and my bear

Other occupants in the Singapore Zoo



We soldiered on in the hot weather, to China Town market...
pics by J - China Town market through his eyes

I bought the two pairs on top, unwrapped











A revist to the Sungai Road flea market before we took off, this time more happening than my last visit on Saturday...a common sight at the market, vendor lounging around .

J suspect some of the vendors there are homeless...at every turn of the corner at the market you'd see a face like this. Makes you wonder about the Singapore welfare department...




Wanted to buy the one on the left, it was offered at SD 20, I decided to pass...

The totally wonderful Samosa with green chili. Other heavenly Indian snacks sold at the market were vadei, fried dahl balls, briayani rice with fish and vegetable...wish I bought more - somehow eating these snacks while you are soaking in your own pespiration and wading through thick crowd and looking out for wonderful buys make every bite into the food taste like magic and the experience is, am sure even now -- totally memorable.

They made the weather looked a lot lovelier...


Will be making my shopping report soon with pictureshere. Check it soon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|