Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Haven't you got a new job?

Before I start my ranting on the subject title, I would like to highlight to all what a babe sister I got (Fireangel said she gotta marry someone from the LEE family). SM said some people saw her (Yvonne Lee, The Sky Is Crazy author) at her last book talk didn't believe we are sisters.

"Wah, why...but Janet is so dark wor?"
"...how can this one be the elder one? I thought Janet is older."

Check out what Lydia Teh said about her other skill - PR.

OK so now my sister is her PR manager, an author of a bestseller, and a mother, music teacher, a wife.

Back to my subject of the day, since I quit my day job in September, I have been bombarded with annoying standard greetings from people, "Haven't you got a new job yet?"

Read this: THIS IS MY NEW JOB, freelancing, singing, starving, plus answering you lots on whether I have gotten a new job.

Happy?

M! is closing in to its tail end for our first run in Malaysia. We have been getting mixed reviews but many feel that it's an incredible piece that can travel the world. It's thrilling to picture my obsession for the past one year to be touring round the world.

Time for the heartsick to start warming up for the ending. Some of us miss each other so much during break (today one cast member came online and told me how much she misses us TODAY, on our dark night), see, some of us spend more time with fellow cast members than meeting their parents.

I foresee some withdrawal problems after cast party, some people moving on fine and some will continue to meet for old times (mind you, we have been families since Jan 2005 ok!)...eventually we will run out of stories to share and old tales to reminisce upon. That's when we will truly move on to another chapter.

Sad right? I know I'm not the only sentimental fool here.

When money runs out I will need to figure out where my next cheque will come in from, what to do before my next gig comes along. It's romantic to be the real La Boheme character in reality, it's not that rosy but it's a life chosen.

I end with this....

outside 1919, end of 2004, with Jit's dog (someone told it's his)











She gets too hungry, for dinner at eight
She loves the theater, but doesn’t come late
She’d never bother, with people she’d hate
That’s why the lady is a tramp

Doesn’t like crap games, with barons and earls
Won’t go to harlem, in ermine and pearls
Won’t dish the dirt, with the rest of those girls
That’s why the lady is a tramp

She loves the free, fresh wind in her hair
Life without care
She’s broke, but it’s oke
She hates california, it’s cold and it’s damp
That’s why the lady is a tramp

Doesn’t like dice games, with sharpies and frauds
Won’t go to harlem, in lincolns or fords
Won’t dish the dirt, with the rest of those broads
That’s why the lady is a tramp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|