Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

After Curtain Call

Taufik was sobbing uncontrollably the moment we walked off stage after our last curtain call for M!

Pretty soon a shocked cast joined him, we are a family who survived many uncertainties and pretty damn good memories for the past one year. The passion to create something bold and different never burn out in both the cast & creative team.

The cast party saw some serious action on the dance floor, half the time we spent on signing more souvenir books. There were tons of food left on the buffet spread, many glasses and bottles were emptied. Goodbyes lasted hours, from outside of Cochine to mamak down the road.

While I still read the free-for-all forum on Kakiseni, I realised that people will stop talking about the opera soon, the debate will cease and people will eventually start another senseless bitching on another production. My prayers are that some sector of the industry benefited from the production and that more artist will take on bolder productions and that Saidah never stop creating.

I have told myself to start planning my life and try out things (to do), while I cruise many upcoming gatherings by the cast who is having withdrawal symptoms. Some think I will have it worse for I don't have a day job now...I hope not, with all the things I hope to do now...it's now or never.

Sent myself an email on the action plan of Life After M...

in no particular order:

write, pitching to editors
learn up new arias
make photo albums of M pics
make contact database
jumble sale - make space in wardrobe
...
....
meet old friends from M

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|