Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

The beginning of the end of an era

This afternoon when I was getting ready for my make up check at Istana Budaya, it suddenly hit me that this is the beginning of the ending of my M! The Opera journey. I was saddened....

The show will open in three days, a year and three months after I auditioned at Istana Budaya. I think most cast members who have been on board since December 2004 could write a book on their experience with M! I don't think there will be another production like this in a long long time to come. The powerful time has created a special bond among cast members, the enthusiasm and passion for Saidah's music really do drive us together.

SM saw me today for a short time and said she felt like M! The Opera has eaten me up because she hardly get to see me. For months I have been telling her, "No I can't see you...I will be in rehearsal, till late."

All I ask of everyone is to come and see and listen to Saidah's music and the magic it has on you and the cast...and musicians.

It's a sad day....life after M! -- missing it all already even before I start...

Read Kakiseni's story on Saidah Rastam & M! The Opera.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|