Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Two and a half weeks....

Horray, M! is moving into Istana Budaya next week! It's exactly 17 days more before M! The Opera premieres. The conductor is dreaming music from the opera, the cast bursts into songs at any given time, the production team are falling in love with the music and our acting, and people throw lines from the opera in any conversations, make up artists talk enthusiastically about making our faces into stage creatures......we breathe, eat and sleep M! -- it can't get anymore exciting than this.

Finally did something about my arms, well, something actually happen to my arms yet but I took the first step -- after whining for months -- and bought this latex/rubber resistant band to use for work out. It's RM 26.90 and I can use it to tone not only triceps/biceps/etc, but also chest, thighs, back, ab, etc.

I hope to embrace this band with all diligence when we do technical runs at Istana Budaya. Imagine the number of times I get to work out between 9am (call time for cast on tech run days) and 12 midnight (if we have it good). It's that time of the year to really love the food at Istana Budaya...I think I can do with Malay canteen food for over two weeks. I wil slurp all that soya sauce with white rice and eggs, and imagine kangkung with chilies, tempeh for three meals (love it), tofu in kunyik soup...etc.

It's steady progress all the way in rehearsal room, with scene blocking and music marking done at the same time, with Roland's constant reminder on getting the singing right. I feel that the work is getting easier for me, especially when we have to run the same scene over and over again, marking singing and movement together -- the memory work is then half done.

Today's work was stressful and tiring, but the results were unbelievable and I think everyone left feeling justified.

I haven't been spending time planning my `life after M!' -- think void, lost. Haven't found my travelling mate for the Bangkok trip yet...go alone?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|