Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Fat Story

Z said I'm a disgusting skinny woman with a tummy. Hehe, I know...it's disgusting but that should make bigger people feel better right? Wouldn't it?

Kinda like when you meet beautiful people with no talent, you go like: "God is fair!"

Hehe...

Yes, I have a tummy and I certainly not looking like when I was 22...not an inch of fat on me. People said I complain too much and tell me I'm skinny and I don't have a tummy. They just don't get it, you see, I'm a damn good sucker (not when Z caught me not sucking in) -- that reads both way...I've proven to be a soft-hearted idiot too.

Back to sucking in, yes, I'm good at that. But that's because I suck at losing the tummy fat (not helping the fact that I'm lazy too).

So I went to ask the wise one...he is a wise one who doesn't necessarily practise what he knows


J: i'm reading about antibodies and immune system - quite interesting but i don't seem to even understand half of it...

me: how come?

J: too many terms i'm not familiar with - going to take too much time to look up all the terms - so i'm just trying to absorb the big picture - as usual....
me: can you research on vegetarians? how to be healthy...eating out all the time, in KL!!

J: already did - that's why ii ordered kangkung last night

J: 2 main things you have to worry about - proteins and iron

me: ok, so eggs, tofu, milk...good enough?

J: as long as you have eggs once a week at least, you'll have the proteins...the iron's a little more difficult

me: ok...can you research then...on skinny people with a tummy? and how to lose it?

J: exercise, simple

J: running/swimming at least 3 times a week, each time, you'll have to sweat more then 20 mins

J: latest research shows that is not specifically the vegetarian diet that's more healthy - at least not necessarily, its their lifestyles...more vegetarians don't smoke and drink as well

me: but thats not specific for tummy losing...

J: you can't exercise for a specific spot - it doesn't work

me: it does! why not

J: there's not prove that it does, when you exercise, you can't tell the body to burn fat from a specific area of your body - there's just no way. all you can do is develop certain muscles - growing muscles can be spot or localised areas, so running/swimming will reduce your tummy
me: or it might not - since you say you cant tell the body to burn fat spec area

J: that's right - it will burn fat all round - not just a specific area - that's why running will burn and burn and burn fat

J: the only problem is - it will also burn fat from your boobs...

me: my bras will soon not fit? is that a bad thing? how lar..

J: its ok - its not a bad thing

hmmm....

That's totally the opposite of what I have been told all this time by people who supposedly know a lot more. I have dozens of girls who told me specific exercises for the butt, tummy, waist,

so I went on...

me: but That's totally the opposite of what I have been told all this time by people who supposedly know a lot more...they say you can exercise, to burn one particular part...ppl do special exercises to be fit in one place

me: like swimmers have big shoulders, dancers have toned thighs, gymnasts have small breasts, and women does waist exercises to have small waists...so???

J: that's a myth

me: what about ppl go to gym to do special work out with their trainers? you mean trainers are con men too?

J: waist exercises don't necessarily burn fat around the waist but can build and tone their waist muscles. no, good trainers will tell you the same thing that you can spot burn fat only spot tone a muscle. if one exercise regularly, they would need more energy. the energy is usually taken from carbohydrates and sugar stored in our body, but once our body runs out of sugar and carbs, the body will then start to burn fat. the fat it burns don't necessarily come from any specific part of our body - its used from all around.


Then he gave me this link

it says..

How to Reduce a Fat Stomach?

However, if you already have a fat belly, the best option is to follow a healthy weight loss diet, combined with fitness exercises such as aerobics (to burn extra calories) and a stomach-toning workout to help tighten and strengthen abdominal muscles. That said, reducing a fat stomach takes time - especially if you are an apple-shape. Despite what commercials say, there is no diet-plan or type of exercise that can "target" your fat stomach. So please don't get impatient. Your fat belly will disappear, I promise.

Hmmm, shall we?

These days and age (of easy life, conveniences, excess food, etc) we work heard to look trim...while our ancestors were trim and fit because they worked hard for food and survival.

How ironic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|