Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm Ready


I have a few theme songs I sing to these days...when I'm working at home, sing to when I'm not doing my exam songs routine.

Bring On The Men (buy January FHM ok?)
I Enjoy Being A Girl

and

Roxie -- Chicago

The name on everybodies lips is gonna be: Roxie
The lady raking in the chips is gonna be: Roxie
I'm gonna be a celebrity,
That means somebody everyone knows,
They're gonna recognise my eyes, my hair, my teeth, my boobs, my nose.

From just some dumb mechanics wife, I'm gonna be: Roxie
Who says that murder's not an art?
And who incase she doesn't hang,
Can say she started with a bang?
Roxie Hart!

Boys?

[Men]They're gonna wait outside in line to get to see, Roxie!

Think of those autographs I'll sign:
Good luck to ya'.

[Men]Roxie!

And I'll appear in a lavaliere that goes all the way down to my waist

[Men]Here a ring, there a ring, everywhere a ring-a-ling

But always in the best of taste!

Mmmmmmmm, I'm a star!

And the audience loves me. And I love them. And they love me for loving them, And I love them for loving me. And We love each other. That's because none of us got enough love in our childhoods. And that's showbiz...Kid!

[Men]She's giving up her hum-drum life.

I'm gonna be, sing it!

[Men]Roxie! She made a scandal and an start

And Sophie Tucker will shit I know,
To see her name get billed below,
Roxie Hart!


It's a great character song, it goes on my list, along the likes of

I Have Confidence -- The Sound Of Music
Bring On The Men -- Jykell & Hyde
Cabaret -- Cabaret
As Long As He Needs Me -- Oliver!

Songs that make a performance great not because you find a way to show off your vocals within the modest range of these songs but to deliver the characters of these numbers.

Last night's hanging with TV at the National Press Club has reconfirmed my plan in getting jiggy with it in siwinging pop repertoire. The boys loved my `New York New York'. Another song on my list -- The Lady Is A Tramp.

There's no cheuqe in my letter box today and rental is up in a few days. My bank account balance is gonna suck but like what J said few months ago, "It's not going to be easy and you're going to have no money but, I know you can do it, you have to TRY."

I'm ready to try. My brochure is ready, I have one more shooting to do, I got people to talk to, songs to sing, I'm going to be B-U-S-Y.

I'm open for business, baby.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|