Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Bardot Me please....


Behold...

I got this sms from a friend last week, "Good news, you're on FHM! Are you free to shoot on Wednesday?"

The fantastic Ms Loy whom I met last at a party asked if I would like to appear in a magazine...I said yes, publicity wouldn't hurt me now.

Of course I wasn't thinking of a magazine like...FHM.

I consulted a few girlfriends and most recognised FHM as a brand, I went for it on Wednesday. I told the fantastic Ms Loy (who did the make-up and hair) that I hoped my wardrobe contains no cheap midriff tee shirts or halter neck...

Packed a big bag of my dressier party clothes and my new gold stilettos, I arrived half an hour earlier than my appointment, or what they call, the call time. I had only a banana for breakfast and I packed a serious book in case the writer was in the mood to discuss literature.

We ended up talking about books for maybe fifteen minutes before he moved to what eventually became the core topic of that interview -- arts and music -- which would probably not end in the magazine.

When the luscious hair piece was put on my crown and secured on my head, I was in love...with the sexiest image of myself that I have ever seen. I'm not kidding you guys ok, I swear, it could have been any girl there that morning, trust me, with a great make-up artist (perfect coverage, with perfect arched eye brows, smouldering smoky eyes, super-luscious lips) and that perfect wig -- it was very Brigitte Bardot, but a Chinese one.

I hit it off with the stylist and others on the team that day because they didn't seem too shocked with my bursting-into-songs personality, they looked fascinated enough to not be annoyed.

I learned a few things in styling a shoot, in choreographing a shoot, and of course, in posing for FHM Miss January column and handle a fast speed fan blowing hair into your lips. It's not hard if you focus hard and follow instructions -- forget sunny smiles and pointy pouts, we're after that sensual, versatile and...rather suggestive look of, lips apart slightly. Go try it with tons of gloss, with tousled big hair -- you'll get my point.

We had three looks that day with three different pose angles and concepts...the last one being the one I was asked to toss my hair (wig) and danced to...the first song that came on sang "We are the cheeky girl (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)" and lucky for me, the second one was bearable, it was Shania Twain's I'm Gonna Get You Good. You'd feel like Kylie doing a music video on a set with loud music and fans blowing at your clothes and hair....

I had TOO MUCH fun doing the shoot, I was happily taking instructions and strutting my stuff, whatever it was there in my head that day...the writer and I chatted away in theatre goss and music. I made friends with the guys holding up the fan and adjusting the set... got a few shoots on my point-n-shoot -- will scan in a few shoots here when I get the prints.

Even though I could tell it was me on the laptop with the magnificent hair and incredible make-up, I finally understood the meaning of high maintenance in the context of beauty. To be a bombshell, you'll need the tools and the investment of time...nails, make-up, skin, abs, hair, hair treatment, then hair products, heels, cleavage...

I flipped through an old issue of FHM today and wondered how many girls who posed for the column lived their lives any differently today...

Well, it is a brand and that's what matters. After all I was told, "You think it's so easy to be invited to pose for Playboy mag or Penth House? You should be proud of this..."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|