Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Beautiful Day

Have you noticed how lovely the weather has been the last few days? I've been driving with my window down, only to close it when the smell of traffic smell too horrible. On an open road with no other cars, it's heaven.

M is having its year end break. We enjoyed our first dancing outing on Wednesday night. The babes of M took the podium almost the entire night...

If you are going on a night out to Velvet, don't bother with nail polish for your toes..even if you are wearing covered shoes. They will chipped if you party hard. Also, look out for fellows with burning cigarettes standing around in your way, I got a burn on my right hand.

No one was in the mood to eat after, it was half past three in the morning and they were probably thinking about getting up in a few hours to get to work. So I went home and cooked instant food. I didn't have enough to drink to get tipsy the first hour, then I realised, and down a few more glasses of some concoction I made in the dark `room' of Velvet.

Also, I learned that it costs at least a few thousand bucks to have a `table' for the whole night in a club like Velvet. Am in the process of finding out whether I owe a couple of hundreds to that someone who foot the bill that evening.

Also, they are bouncers in these clubs that are hired (it seems) just to attend to certain group of patrons. I walked into Velvet that night after giving my reservation name and getting a chop on my hand...asked the first bouncer where is that damn `private room', he couldn't understand my English so he got me a Chinese looking bouncer to attend to me. The Chinese guy asked me what I want in Cantonese, I asked him in English and he shook his head too. Amused and amazed, I held them together and screamed, "Haha, you mean You and YOU both don't speak English?" I walked away laughing and finally I realised I was standing right next to the `private room'.

It wasn't a room, of course, it's a secluded lounge area with sofas, VERY weird Christmas decoration (a cross between Chinese New Year deco and a Christmas tree) and a bar...I can imagine how it's `private' given it has its own bar and own team of waiters waiting around for your orders...though later I don't see how the area was guarded from other `non-reserved' patrons in the club. Yes, the people in that area looked like your regular, young affluent KLites but I doubt all of them paid to be there.

Of course then, Fuad so kindly enlightened me, "There are approximately...about 4 persons in this room who actually paid for the drinks."

I will leave it as that.

Received new rehearsal schedule this morning...for the next two months. I see myself getting more organised with my volunteer work, and I see myself honing my singing skills during this break, I see the Christmas party at Sweet J's bike workshop tomorrow...and lunch at Debbie's on Boxing day, media interview on Wednesday...

Just emailed out a report from a meeting yesterday, feeling a bit accomplished. And driving back from J's this morning was blissful because the weather was beautiful and I had enough sleep.

And listening to Janis' version of Summertime is good.

Definitely will swim later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|