Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Best of Both

As I sat in my newly vacuumed (my very own vacuum), staring into my newly arranged basket of flea market vintage evening bags (sequin, mash, leather, etc) and my single bed, I know you can't compare a home with people who love you and a home with bags you love.

I'm trying to have the best of both worlds, I spend most weekends at J's, where my stay would spill over to Mondays and come Monday evenings I find myself missing the domesticatedness of his house, ie. putting the laundry with his granny in the sun, in the spacious backyard, washing dishes, feed and play with the dog, lazing away my Sunday with him sleeping, etc.

In my own pad I don't talk at all, there's no one around to talk to, I take long showers, sing the same song out loud over and over again (for practise)....feed on chips, milk, juices, Korean noodles....never soup and rice.

I'm lovin' it. The dual life. Though I should really keep two complete sets of toiletries in my two homes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|