Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, February 14, 2005

I Did It

I finally did it, speed dating.

Ten guys, ten minutes each, equals to a very tiring evening. With bad soups and very little dinner to top it off.

I got an sms from the organiser on the morning I was leaving Taiping, reminding me of the date, I realised they ignored my email earlier saying I couldn't make it. Seeing that I would be back in KL in a few hours' time, I called them up and confirmed my attendance along with my girlfriend's who was suppose to have dinner with me that night in KL.

I managed to make quite an impression when I got there, I think, partly to do with the skin-color fitting short dress I decided to wear and that I mistaken two participants for waiters.

Ten minutes to each partner was quite dreary, mainly because most men that evening waited for me to initiate interaction. Many of them successfully bored me to tears but I kept the smile on...thinking it's my fault that I didn't push the right button for them to transform into the more interesting creatures. Maybe I didn't ask the right questions, maybe my tone was too serious when I spoke, maybe...

Before the evening was over, the whole room of men (only ten la) came to know that the three girls and me were friends. We were suitably louder than the rest, the organiser loved me ("I love the way you stir up the event.") -- although I wish she source for more interesting men ("If they are THAT interesting they wouldn't be at this event Janet!" -- ML).

Late that night, actually it was three am in the morning, ML and I jotted down the names of all ten guys from memory. Quite a handful of the men have been to speed dating more than once. We wonder how can anyone pay 60 bucks again and again for bad soups. The other women seem attractive but unfortunately there was no time to mingle with them.

I'm sure you can get more than just future dates from speed dating, if you get to know everyone, men and women.

As miserable as it may seem, I managed to tick Yes to three guys at the end of the evening. At 9am yesterday I got an sms from the organiser, informing that I got three matches from the date.

One has called up yesterday.
One sms a V's day message.
One replied my sms asking for his email add.

......

Happy V's Day to all. Stay at home, save some money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|