Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Life Is A cabaret

We got paid before the show!!!!

I was my own replica of Holly Golightly in the first scene of Breakfast At Tiffany's, except of course, I don't have Audrey's height and her European beauty but other than that, the black dress, the hair and my necklace were the perfect ensemble to re-create Holly for the `lower deck' of Cilantro.

I'm a genius, I should be offered a job in vogue Malaysia, when they decide to start a Malaysian edition.

Am very grateful for Z and CT's involvement in this gig, without them I couldn't have made it, pull it all together.

The sound guy Sam asked if we were attempting a Charlie's Angles act....duh.

But you know what, I do feel like the blonde one there...TECHNICALLY, I was the only `face' the agency saw before we all showed up at the gig. CT and Z worked on the music mainly, coaching me on how to take each song with the music and all that.

Coming back to the `deck' where we sang. The agency (after charging the watch company a whopping amount of money) converted the entire lower floor of Cilantro (you might not have known this but it used to be a club below the restaurant) into a ship deck. All the models parading the VERY VERY EXPENSIVE watches were dressed in sailor costumes, the managing director from the client company was a pseudo Captain (very cute French), there were Charleston dancers doing the All That Jazz number, Channel 9 was there throughout, the event company girls were all babes..

But I didn't see any Tattler magazine regulars there...damn.

I think we girls dresses better than some of the guests. I was listening closely to the loud chatters near my piano...I only heard this once:

"...ahh see this one (pointing at one of four watches displayed on the grand piano), this is the one I bought, buy la buy la."

I swallowed and looked at him, he is half-bald and has pot-belly. Those watches cost round USD 24,000 each. Vacheron Constantin is the oldest watch maker...above Rolex standard and all that.

Anyway, I guess we sailed through our three sets of lounge singing, at least for me it did. The mike did wonderfully on out vocals, I've never done a gig where I can hear myself so well...the speaker/monitor was right in front of me.

Oh! How can I forget!! The ensemble!!

Z: Black velvet pants, black fitting camisole, black jacket and killer heels
CT: Full-beaded black camisole, black jacket with detachable collar, black pants, beaded mules
me: Black fitting mermaid-tail dress, Michelle-Jank-inspired necklace, gold Latin dance shoes

We look too good to be left alone. Give us some more jobs!!!

For full review of the performance, please look out for next month's editions of Tattler, Le Prestige, Harper's Bazaar...just kidding la...but you'll never know, about half a dozen magazine photographers took pictures of us.

Missed the YKL (Young KL Singers) concert last night, going to watch it tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|