Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Addictions

I'm blogging next to my `addiction', in a cyber cafe....

He said he is like cigarette to me, you know, trying to quit but keep saying to myself "Just one last one before I quit."

I told him I think, if I could quit shopping then I might be able to `quit' him too. I was able to quit some of my pet loves (watching TV, Sex n The City...) but shopping is still by far one of my biggest weakness.

Just before I walked in here I bought one pair of linen trousers with beaded belt and three pairs of earrings (investment in stage jewelry). This morning while hunting for lunch I bought a pair of jeans...on the way to the restaurant. I'm quite helpless in self-control when it comes to buying stuff for myself.

Another addiction is potato chips. The thought of having a bag of Lays in my apartment makes me smile...it's great to have Lays (or Ruffles) for those emergency nights.

I can't think of other more visible addictions than these two...of course these days blogging is considered a highly enjoyable activity for me but I don't suppose it qualifies as an addiction yet...maybe writing will soon be an addiction. That will be at least one good addiction I have.

And then of course, I'm addicted to him.

*Addiction*
noun

1. Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance: a drug used in the treatment of heroin addiction. An instance of this: a person with multiple chemical addictions.

2. The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or involved in something. An instance of this: had an addiction for fast cars.
an abnormally strong craving

3. craving - an intense desire for some particular thing
3. addiction - (Roman law) a formal award by a court sentence of a thing or person to another (as of a debtor to his creditor); a surrender to a master; "under Roman law addiction was the justification for slavery"
award, awarding - a grant made by a law court; "he criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
jus civile, Justinian code, Roman law, civil law - the legal code of ancient Rome; codified under Justinian; the basis for many modern systems of civil law

Man, I should do something reading about getting rid of addictions. My withdrawal symptons (him) include short term depression, tears, and moodiness. So far due to the high frequency of contact with him, these have been under control except I think too much about it.

He is at some computer games next to me, doesn't look like I'm leaving here anytime soon...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|