Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Saturday, May 02, 2020

Mom's Birthday today - April 22

April 21 @ Facebook.

It’s mom’s birthday, today. At least that’s what we were told. I’m not really sure if mom knows that for sure herself. (I mean, we were all told our birthdates by others right? Not that we remember it ourselves kan?) 
Mom was an adopted child, by a tough cookie woman who came from China and survived here in Malaya. Mom’s own family was too poor so she was given up. 
Anyway, mom didn’t have a lot of privileges in her younger life; I think my dad Chee Kheong Lee is one of her biggest angels in life; who is still taking care of her now, through thick and thin. Albeit their differences, they are still here, living together. How many of us can do that (I know I would have given it up myself) 
Mom said, and reminded us all many times that she doesn’t want to celebrate this birthday or us doing anything special for her on this date. “So much suffering out there now, I don’t need a celebration. It’s going to be just another day.” 
Blessed birthday old gal. Just keep smiling and drink more water, all will be well. 
Thank you Dad. 
P/s - mom and I share birthdays on the same week, just two days apart:) I WILL be celebrating mine this year, by keeping my soul alive and well by singing from home. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|