Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

He Was Beautiful

Published on Facebook on April 18. 

So here it is, the duet recording. Another round of jiwang story from me in one day, just happen to be in the mood la...
===========
He Was Beautiful by Stanely Myers. I dedicate this performance to an old friend, my Sitting Duck J. 
This is a distance duet with Tay Cher Siang. Home recording, pardon the raw sound. 
He Was Beautiful, beautiful to my eyes... Actually it was the other way round. He was one who made me believe that I was beautiful in his eyes. When he accidentally discovered that I love singing, and that it was my serious hobby (I was working in his office then as a clueless admin assistant), he became curious and we became close friends. A few years later, we became partners. He opened my eyes to see that when a person is passionate about her art, she is most beautiful; besides showing me what kindness is. 
He said his job was to help me sing, not like teaching me how to sing better, but to do whatever he could to encourage me, to enable me to continue to sing. It was him, and my best friend Chong See Ming who told me to quit the day job, and follow the light of my passion. All fifteen years ago. 
Such a lucky soul I am to have had someone who believed so much in what I do, and who lived by my side - but never crowd me, to see that I keep doing what brings me joy. 
Though now long gone from my side, I only have to remind myself of what he said to me back then - each time I feel down and dispirited. 
"Doesn't matter if you didn't win this time, or didn't do well last night. You just need to make sure that you will continue to practice and practice, and you WILL get better each time. The only thing you need to do is keep going, never stop." 
That, enough to keep me on my feet. 
I still have image of me coming back from a show to find him lying on my sofa, playing computer games. He'd look up and smiled at me sheepishly, "One day, you're going to be a superstar and earning the bucks for both of us, and all I do then is just to play computer games, hehehehe." 
I am such an emo fella right? Well, I can use the emotions in my music and it makes everything feels just right.
Thank you for indulging me, and I hope you like this duet. Thank you boss Cher Siang for being here, all these years - keeping me on my feet with your music. Justin always said you were a good thing for my music. I guess I have to thank all the angels in my life. 
OK, enough emo shit for one day. I gotta save some for next day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|