Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Kitchen goddess, NOT!

I did it again, dragging oil all over the flat in an attempt to whip up one clever Chinese meal real quick. Twice this month, this oily floor accident...it doesn't help I also don't have a proper stock of floor detergent. Good thing the clever fella KM told me to try Clorox. It worked the first time.

Am just done with the second round of mop-dance, with Clorox. Love the feeling of bare feet touching a dry, clean and non-oily floor.

Oh, why not share the recipe of the cause of these Clorox-rescue.

Determined to have a healthy diet, which include eating real food a few times a day instead of chucking potato chips, biscuits, chocolate and Maggi-mee in my mouth two hours after I starve - I have been diligently cooking at least once a day, my fave cook-at-home food for the moment - Chinese.

But I only know how to make a few dishes, like, three dishes.

Ok, two, because cooking white rice in rice cooker don't count right?

So that's fried eggs, and stir fry French beans.

Hang on, no, not true, I also make pretty good potato soup (ABC soup) & lotus roots soup (with black beans & peanuts) And what about omelette? I don't really make much omelette though.

So that's about all that I make, if I like something to eat with rice.

There were days when I made nothing but lots of pasta, sandwiches & salads, the `non-cooking' meals I call those. After I bought my rice cooker (my very own one after nine years of living on my own) I decided I would have lots of nice Chinese stuff.

Except I only make those few things, over and over again.

some variations of salads I was making back in the pre-rice-cooker days
this is a salad with too much raw onions, ouch....

this one here, day two, salad again...coz I need to finish the whole lettuce by myself, this one I added buttons and cheddar still finishing my greens, day three...back in the month of May. The story of cooking for one, you eat the same food for days. I love making toasts (I indulge in expensive grainy bread) over frying pans (I don't have a toaster) with lots of butter and melt my block cheddar on top...the quickest way to heaven :)
and then there was the rendition with boiled eggs

anyway...

I have quite an impressive collection of cook books, for someone who's been making at-home-meals with only fried eggs, french beans and Marmite soup (spoon full of Marmite, hot boiling water, with dash of fine pepper and a drop of oil and soy sauce to taste).

Just that I haven't been using them.

But I do really, really love a simple meal of white rice with eggs fried with ginger, or garlic, served with baked beans (I forgot to count this one in, can food - Baked beans), with Marmite soup when I haven't got time, or my fave ABC soup.

Speaking of the glorious simple food, I have a friend who knows well about the simple joy in life such as this...just reading her list makes me salivate.

Well well. Here's to us for remembering the simple food.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger XMOCHA said...

remind me to buy you some organic brown rice.. they taste sedap!

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Nee Shen said...

Strange, I thought you COULD cook.

10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|