Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, August 27, 2007

No Mall, No More

I know I am a shopping creature but I guess I'm just not a mall creature, not a mall crawler. Of late the malls repulse me to the point that today I couldn't stay there any longer after I discovered the only joy I have in Midvalley is gone -- the little store on lower ground that sell good old chee-cheong-fun with just soy sauce, seasame oil and chili sauce.

Out I went heading home during the peak traffic jam hour. I needed to get away from all....the people there, the loud speakers, the festive stores selling mountains of over-priced moon cakes, the perfume salesmen, the boutiques with stifling air-con (that don't work), the SALE signs all over, the labels, the queues at the check-out counters, the queue in the car park, the tastelessness of the crappy food in the food court (chances are you may find good food there but high chances of paying for second-rate quality food also).

While walking in MNG and then Zara and then TOPSHOP, I was half purposeful while browsing through the racks of clothes on sale. I walked out of there quickly after I reminded myself that I haven't received any new bookings for shows yet so it's mere greed if I were to snoop my nose for another on-sale show gown...after all my wardrobe is already bursting with all that dresses.

After walking up and down of lower ground and found my chee-cheong-fun store gone I just couldn't stay there any longer.

That, couple with the reminder of upcoming bills for September, and the soon-outstanding fees for my coming music camp next week, and that I have too much clothes at home to be wanting more, and at the point of my career where I should be putting more time in thinking about securing more jobs, reading up on my music repertoire, learning Italian, cutting down my monthly overheads, go running on regular basis, saving up for the new apartment renovation....

That just gross me out totally, that I could be found wandering about in a mall under these circumstances, that absence place of materialism.

Of course now am sitting at home safe with my music scores and books, am reminded that malls are useful if I know how to manage it, after all, I only went there earlier to change some money for my Bangkok trip this week.

But it was wonderful to feel that I don't need to shop for clothes in a mall :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|