Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Weather update - Sunny

My mysterious clouds of depression went away beginning of last week...a series of `brighter' things took place and I'm very happy to confirm that I'm back to normal, my happy, normal self.

It started with me watching some documentary on the science of sin on Monday. J bought some Discovery Channel DVDs from Pakistan and that was one of them.

The sin of sloth, the case study was this woman, an introvert since childhood. She was just simply, a depressed creature her whole life until one day (when she was 30-something) she decided to do something about her `way of life'. Basically the doctors and researchers put her on a rigorous work-out routine, sporty outings and voila, she was cured.

On that same afternoon I got `invited' to a walk at TTDI's Bukit Kiara, I went. I thought a 4km walk up and down the hill would kill me and I wasn't going to be able to complete it. I somehow did, I pushed myself...and paced my steps.

Tuesday I had a good meeting with my clients who were getting married on the same weekend and they confirmed me as their wedding singer. I learned a new song the day before, The Way You Look Tonight, it was to be their dinner dance.

On Wednesday I went back to Bukit Kiara and this time I did about 5km (extra km at the dead end road after the finished line)...this time my shin muscle hurt a bit. But it was clear I felt good `sweating' the right stuff...and I could boast about the walk at my rehearsals.

On Friday I even managed to chat during my uphill walk, unbelievable, I never managed to breather properly before, on Friday I managed to walk non stop and actually held conversation. I watched Gold Rain & Hail Stones that night....by the time I got to KLPAC foyer and had a ball just before the show, talking to half the theatre (the community is that small) I was quite sure I was 100% back to my normal self.

What I am saying is, Exercising is good for you.

Positivity too.

I woke up with very uncomfortable throat on Saturday...Fuck, I thought I jinxed it. Happy on Friday night and now I'm left with no voice for my Saturday night performance? I forced myself not to panic, drank Nim Jom Pei Pa Kao, apple cider and honey and Bena Expectorant (cough mixture for chesty cough), had lunch...my voice came back by afternoon and I had a ball at the wedding performance :)

Sailed through my Monday...and I just can't wait for tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|