Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Memoir of a reflective shopaholic

Off with my white-dress obsession and the impracticalities of a white dress, I discovered the beauty of white tee shirts. I have gone back to Factory Outlet Store (FOS) to buy the same Abercrombie cotton whites. Two weeks later I realised I wanted more than just two identical white tee shirt, I went to the One Utama branch and found only some newer patch of white tees but no more Abercrombie tees.

Abercrombie white tee is very sheer, very soft, very small, in two words - class & sexy.

You can dress up this COMFORTABLE item in one minute, and you can dress it as it is.

Add a dressy item over it and you get cocktail look. Sequin shrug from Zara, line pants from flea market, diamante brooch on used on pants from flea market.

pic from Martell VSOP Rise Up campanign launch at KL Tower, with Nell Ng who is one of the Martell's list of personalities who are on her way up in her career.





I have always wondered what life would be, spiritually and physically, if my wardrobe consists only white tee shirts and blue jeans.

J wears only round neck white Hanes tee shirts with jeans, or shorts for his non working days. For work he wears only white shirts with navy blue or black pants. Packing his travelling is the easiest thing.

While getting to my car in One Utama yesterday from FOS, I couldn't help my steps but stopped at almost every boutique, knowing the clock tick and I would run late for my dinner and rehearsal...yet I couldn't pass out the potential of owning yet another dress on sale.

Just seconds before I was about to pick up the black dress from Selfridge and pay, I stopped in my way, within seconds my brain made a quick decision and I was out of there.

I have become increasingly, a reflective shopaholic.

Or you can say that I'm confused, or disillusioned.

There have been more and more occasions whereby I would stop in my track and wonder the meaning of my beautiful possession of a wardrobe. Lately I find myself preferring to stay in rather than joining the buzz outside. My go out mainly to rehearse in the studio at night, my wardrobe on these evenings are rehearsal pants, tee shirts, the same zip-up sweater and the same slippers. Still without a washing machine under my name, I tend to wear my jeans over and over again...changing only the tee shirts. The wealth of my wardrobe seem to be spending a lot of time hibernating in my flat.

Yet when I go out, I never stop buying clothes. Party clothes, concert dresses, shoes, costume pieces, jeans....

I enjoy exploring zen-like lifestyle and reading Buddhism philosophies....yet I can't let go of my love for fashion.

Though my shopping style has changed in the past two years. I have started to buy selectively, I am more selective give more choices and lower price, I remind myself to buy items that are above average in its design and versatility and uniqueness.

OK, enough with this silly talk of conflicting thoughts and actions. Am getting down to more serious work for my rehearsal tomorrow....and who knows, maybe I might GO OUT tonight.

oh, and to celebrate my passion in fashion and all things vain...here are some potraits of...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|