Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Milan Kundera & Monday

"The goals we pursue are always veiled. A girl who longs for marriage longs for something she knows nothing about. They boy who hankers after fame has no idea what fame is. The thing that gives our every move its meaning is always totally unknown to us."

Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

I want to know what you think of what he said, do you agree?

Was at my car mechanic today, half way thro the book now. I got out of the air con waiting room a couple of times to stretch and to check on my car's progress. Replacing a broken water jacket near the engine gasket.

Took a picture of what water jackets look like.











Another client there looked at me and said, "Hey I know you are from this block at my condo."

He chatted with me for a short while and went back to his car parked next to mine.

Later he told me someone at the condo jumped off from 16th floor last month, dunring World Cup. He said he was up watching the game and he heard it.

Now I think it was either a bloody loud thud or he had his TV mute?

Anyway, this guy said it didn't show up in the papers.

How strange. I went to the mechanic to meet a neighbour to tell me about the sick n sad incident.

****

Back to Kundera, I think we always think we know enough of the things we are pursuing and that gives us motivation to go after it. Some of us just know in our skin that we like certain things.

I like to think that I have never known what it's like being rich and so I don't really feel life being anything less being the way I am, not rich but happy.

But I don't know whether the fact that I don't crave being famous is due to my laziness and being unambitious, or just, I don't go after it because I haven't tasted its goodness?

It's only Monday, see what a good book does to your week?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|