Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Paranoid?

Is it true that when your mind is focused on one issue, it manifests itself into the reality?

Recently I have been wondering about the kind of people staying in my apartment. About two weeks ago I had an unpleasant encounter with a lad who lives in my block. This strange man is a stranger to me till this day and yet he knew my pad unit number and he knew that I have a `singing career'.

I lodged a police report and reported to my flat security about this person who tried to approach me in the car park dead in the night. This person later persisted in apologizing to me in person and surrendered his mobile number to me.

J and I let it rest about a week ago, after failing to meet him for a `face-to-face-talk', between my man and this strange man. I have been very alert every time I leave my door and right to the point I lock my car door...checking corners before I walk....it's not a nice feeling.

But that man has stayed away, so far.

My mind is still on the subject of my seemingly visible presence in the flat. Suddenly there are more strange men who would try to chat me up in the lifts, car park and in the lift lobby.

Am I paranoid? I swear the first two years I started living here not one person who is not an acquaintance of mine try to `chat me up'. Until I started parking in the sheltered car park of my flat.

Just weeks before the encounter of that strange man - let's call him the 7th-floor man (he said he lives on the 7th floor) - I was getting my car fixed at my regular workshop (the one I go to since the day I bought my Sunny Boy) when this guy came up to me and said hi. He said he recognized my car from the car park in his flat...don't ask me why I didn't ask for his name and where he lived exactly....I'm quite a private person when I don't know who the hell you are.

Then I would see him again in the flat, each time he called out to me and said hi because it seems that he spotted me first every time we `meet' near the lift, or near my car. Sometimes he is with a friend, and his friend would display similar level of friendliness.

I saw him again last night just as I got out of my car, he said hi and asked if I worked late. This time I asked him where he lives, 7th floor, he said.

Tightened my grip at myself, I walked to the lift lobby and there was a man in a MAS uniform who held the lift door for me. This uniform guy smiled at me and complimented on my unique earrings.

This evening I left my flat for rehearsal at 6pm, a man who was already in the lift when I got in smiled at me and said, "Are you a dancing class teacher?"

I said "No." in the most polite manner and I stared at him.

He got out on the 1st floor, looking a little embarrassed at my blatant stare.

Am just trying to make sense out of these strings of incidents.

Are they trying to tell me something?

I was wearing a black tee shirt with long black sweat pants, both the tee shirt and pants were baggy and my shirt wasn't low cut.

Maybe he was just being friendly, and really curious.

I related these to my cast members over mamak earlier, some of them advised me to start carrying a condom around, just to be safe, in straight faces they told me that.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|