Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Dr In The House

Sweet J is highly-regarded Dr Love, by two women. That's me, and my girlfriend. Ok, maybe Dr Love sounds too severe, it's more like, Dr How-not-to-be-depressed.

I would say that Dr How-bla-bla is a good mix of being well-read and intelligent. He has a fine brain that digests input fast (but he will not, ever, understand my need to shop constantly, he knows that it's my happy food but he doesn't know why I need variety in my wardrobe) and a good heart that is rare in this time n age.

He is capable of making most topics interesting, he can explain things in the most simple and easy-to-understand for laymen. He will open your eyes, make you think outside the box.

He is good with kids, he used to have astronomy sessions for kids where I was the telescope carrier. Kids used to ask me questions about the sky thinking I was just as knowledgeable.

He buys very good books, he has been my book supplier for the past few years. He reads mighty fast too. I would say that MOST of the great reads I have had in the last few years came from him:

The Curious Incident of A Dog In The Night-Time
How I Became Stupid
Eleven Minutes
The Pleasure Of Finding Out Things (Richard Feynman)
Catcher In The Rye
Demon-Haunted World
list goes on...

He is so many things but he is not flamboyant and all showy like some people we know. He sees the best in people, he makes me see the silver lining in everything and he helped me learn how to cope with disappointments, and turn them into my strength.

He told my girlfriend that men are essentially creatures who struggle (an eternal struggle maybe) and juggle between their socially-received conscience and biological-make-up (which make up their natural desire to be polygamous. He explained why it's harder for single women to stay depression-free and happy in the society...

He explained common sense (that is ironically not very common) so well that later you wonder why you never thought of it before....

Anyone needs a session soon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|