Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Springtime & Shopping

I had the pleasure of going shopping in the big 1-U on first Raya day. It was spring in Redrummerder (how the heck do you spell that again?) and Tangoo. I don't recall the last time I walked into Red-whatever seeing something new, they were SAME for months and months, and Tangoo, for months and months it was on some kind of perpetual sale and you get the occasional new arrivals on two racks, of imported Korean fashion of not-so-cheap tags.

But last night when I was in Tangoo for that few minutes (I was rushing to new wing MPH to buy that complete Teresa Teng collection, tell you why later), I remember vividly the magic I felt when I first discovered Tangoo in 1-U. Those days I walked in just to admire and feel those glorious (and expensive), bejeweled Indian skirts in my hands....and then wham, the store went from Magic to sometime-tragic, like Red-whatever, Tangoo had a long winter but it ended last night when I walked in to find its store-wide new arrivals, ALL NEW ARRIVALS (except for one very small miserable rack of Value Buy or WHO-WILL-BUY-THAT!) and it was rhine-stone and sequin all the way.

I spent less time in Red-whatever because I didn't need more than 20 seconds to check out what was new in the store, it was half new and half VERY old stock, but it was just such relief to see at least some new dresses and boots. I remember those days when they only had one store in Sg Wang and I used to spent carefully there, I loved their stuff.

Anyway, I got my Teresa Teng collection, a new underwear from Pink Pussy Cat (!!!!) and a Gypsy-blue scarf/belt with sequins, some earrings...my first non-flea market shopping in a long time.

On ya, the carnival/fun-fair next to the 1-U is open now, go there and get some lung-hurling going...I went on Monday night with a 8-year-old and nearly flew out of my chain-seat, I didn't know it the bloody chair was going to fly so high in the air. The kid was fine, so was I, in fact the kid wanted a 2nd round.

Happy Raya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|