Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

My Middle Name is BITCH

I came face to face with a woman whose anger I could comprehend and I just couldn't bring myself to forgive her for her nastiness so I matched hers with mine.

I gotta get back to my Daniel Quinn's Emotional Intelligence.

I was in my condo lift with three other tenants/passengers and the lift stopped at fifth floor, one of them got out, I pushed the `close' button as I was standing next to the control panel. When the lift stopped at nine floor, one other guy got out so that left me and this other woman, so I pushed `close' again, but before the door close again that other woman walked out and the door jerked just after she completely stepped out of the lift.

Gee, I was glad the doors didn't close on her. She got a scare and turned around and looked at me, who is still in the lift, viciously with a visible (and audible) scorn on her face...almost trembling with anger (I swear I saw her shaking, must have been a really bad day for her). Then she shouted at me in Cantonese: "Wei, what's wrong with you? Wouldn't let me get out in one piece?!!"

First thing first, she was so sure that I did that on purpose, pushing for door close while she was getting out; second, she reacted with such brilliant bitchiness (she looked very entertaining), leaving me with no choice but to show her that I was a bigger bitch.

"I didn't know you were going out, B-I-T-C-H!!!" I left the doors closed after I shouted back at her, loud and clear. I saw her face changed and that, I tell you baby, it was priceless. I also heard her kicking at the lift doors twice as my lift went up to my floor. Haha, I hope that helped her cool down...

I guess as much as her, I have a problem of being.....nice to rude people. I could comprehend the fact if I were in her shoes, I would have probably done the same, I would definitely swear more than her, but there in the lift, I just couldn't do anything except being rude back at her. I hate to admit but I am, quite addicted in calling strangers names (idiot, bitch, stupid...etc), mainly in lifts.

Having read the first three chapters of Daniel Quinn's Emotional Intelligence, I guess if I had a higher EQ, I would acted differently, like maybe I would say something to soothe that poor woman burning with rage at such a small situation....though I must say that I can hardly imagine myself being so cool and nice, I think I should aspire to get there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|