Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, January 31, 2005

CNY

Oops I did it again -- overspending. I bought clothes that I won't be wearing for CNY back in Taiping (too black, neckline too low, etc) and some vain books on fashion and beauty.

But I did get my SUNNY waxed and polished to meet my parents in Taiping for CNY.

These days I wish I could skip going back to Taiping for CNY, every year. There's nothing about going back during the holiday that excites me. The weather would be too hot and the traffic horrendous. My mom would try to make everything perfect for a week while we are around, and I have to struggle to look decent for my mom's Taiping friends.

It would be lovely if my parents could spend CNY in KL with me, when the roads are quieter and air less polluted. I can drive them around to see KL and show them it's not a scary place once you get to know it, man....I can even take them on the trains just for fun.

....KL is now having the storm before the calm next week. I envy folks who get to hang around KL next week. Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|