Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Just Another Weekend

It was a clear night on new year's eve, on the roads of KL. The three of us kept looking out from the window in our waiting room between our sets, the roads were clear, there were some party people hanging out in Merdeka Square but it wasn't what we expected. So few of them, whew....

The performance went well for us. Despite Z's complaints about singing `Beyond The Sea' right under the dinner party backdrop that says [RSC Tsunami Disaster Fund Raising Dinner], she did the number anyway, the dinner guests looked ok. While I still can't believe I actually sang `Over The Rainbow' and `Don't Cry For Me Argentina' back to back....scary.

We were out of the club before eleven pm. CT has surprisingly recovered from the gig the minute she changed out of her sexy black warp dress, she dropped me n Z at my car and sped off into the night to her party in Cheras. Z n I drove in relief back to good old PJ where I dropped her home.

Me? All dressed and nowhere to go? The miserable party of two (poor C who drove all the way from Subang to Mon't Kiara) sat in Cafe Bayou (coffee, pink guava, potato leek soup and Aglio Olio pasta) watching the sad folks outside trying to make the night happening.

C took the bed while I camped out on the couch, I have always wanted to try out the white sofa for a bed, not bad, glad I didn't wake up with ache all over. We finally went down to the pool on new year's morning to chill out. The water was cold and it was easier to snooze on the lazy chair....

And then I had my hair-cut in the living room, C took the first cut....I have thick bangs for the first time in...errr, seven years? Thanks to inspiration from IW. I got used to my new face by that evening, now I go around collecting shocked looks from people who knows me.

***
Vanity report: weather - clear and sunny, so far three persons have commented I look like Cleopatra. I googled and looked at the search results of `pictures' of Cleopatra on the net, about 1% looked realistic, other `famous' Cleopatra are Elizabeth Taylor, Monica Belluci (!!!!!!!!). Thank you for the compliments folks.
***

I had the best `the Ladies who lunch (the whole day)' new year's day. We did the longest restaurant crawl, from Thai (Basil, Bangsar Village) to Vietnam (Du Viet, Bangsar Village) to Chinese (Chef Loong, SS2) to Malay (Tanjung Puteri, Sri Hartamas). The marathon started with only C and I, then CM joined the running, followed by BB, then SM and ST, then CT and finally Nic.

Sunday was good for me too, went to see Mama and Justin and had lots of greasy food for breakfast. My singing master class at 3pm with Tuan went very well. Pity there were only Pong and me who sang. Lucky for me CM was there....she, the emergency pianist who could pick up any aria and play right through without hitches. THANK YOU.

My new year weekend ended with a stroll in Ampang Point with SM n ST after Korean BBQ dinner across the road. Bought whole bunch of books from PayLess, one nice one on Puccini, one on My Fair Lady, one on Jazz (for jazz woman Z), one on the women in music, one on Tori Amos (for Just), one on...forgot what else I bought.

ST paid for my books because there was no Maybank ATM around for me. So to ST, Kamsa Hamneeda.

***
(Know Your Korean)
Anyong Haseyo -- Hello/how do you do
Mawruge Sumneeda -- I don't understand
Kamsa Hamneeda -- Thank you
***

New year resolutions:

1. practice more (singing)
2. build repertoire (singing)
3. save money (same as the year before)
4. save money
5. save money

I've been a real lucky girl in 2004. I love my friends who put up with me (or not) and those (so many) who supported me through the thick n thin, it's been great.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|