Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, November 01, 2020

Detach emotion from your duty, can you do that?

 "Okay, you are an empath, good and bad."

I broke it down for Shaz to understand why I was feeling so so lousy.  Chatting over WhatsApp.

I realised I am such an angry person.  Afraid I will now start to analyse all my action and behaviour through the lens of questioning.  "Am I doing this to disguise my deeply angry and unhappy self?"  "Am I truly at ease?  Am I really having a blissful moment or am I sweeping something dark under the carpet?" 


Conversation: 

me: i just realised i'm such an angry person - watching them living out their old age , bicker..bitter and stuck with each other - and stuck in this life.  makes me feel angry, and guilty

Shaz: 

"Sounds harsh, but you need to detach."

me: i was detaching all this while...OR SO I THOUGHT I WAS. 

Shaz: "Detach your duty from emotion." 

me: I always just provide food, chit-chats.  I don't ask them much.  then I go about my own things. I didnt realise it disturbs me so much until tonight.   Shocking.  I pun tak tau, I was so pissed off... I dunno, is it healthy for me in the long term - to detach emotions from my duty?

Shaz: The pissed part - I don't understand.  Disappointed, I could bridge that emotion.

me: the pissed off part, is at myself.  

Shaz: why?

me: for feeling annoyed and pity.  I break it down, I think it's like this - i think they are stuck with each other - and i feel they are suffering and i feel guilty that i dont bother to do much to improve, or help.  and then i react to incidents, and I try to detach...

try to detach, then feel guilty that I am detaching, and then feel angry that I want to detach in the first place.  Semua tu.  hey, i am glad that i am talking to you to analyse this - coz i am feel very lousy, was feeling very lousy - just now

Shaz: "Okay, you are an empath, good and bad."

me: i know there so many people worse off, and situations much worse than this.  But ya, this is me. 

Shaz: 

"

Okay

(You) <---->(your mum)

(You) <---->(your dad)

Say in a world that you are only responsible of the arrow in between.

Reacting responsibly within that framework the best that you can .

Can you live with yourself with that?

"

me: ..I don't understand this, my head hurts...


Shaz: "The arrow is your interactions, i.e. the words that you use, action , behaviour, help etc. Independent of outcome, you act with your best estimate of positive outcome. Can you live with yourself with that?

me: that's basically detachment, right?  but in more words...


This is my next big big lesson to take on - this season.  Glad I am making a record of this feeling, it sucks bad.  But I will give myself a break now.  

Good night diary.  





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|