Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Edging on....

a pic from dress rehearsal

The Edge , a musical in workshop performance opening night.

49 pages
18 scenes
6 characters
1 composer cum book writer
1 director
1 stage manager
...
..
.

this is us, after the opening performance last night...
am happy to be back in the action (of theatre), this is a meatier role and it means a lot of work for someone like me...untrained in theatre and not much experience in music theatre.

It's a real honour to be cast to work on Nick's work. Everyday in the rehearsals and then at the theatre itself, I find new things to improve on for my craft. Sometimes I feel good sometimes I feel shitty but I guess....rising from the shit is part of the reason why I am here?

Three more performances and then the work will be `put on ice' (how director Chris Ling put it) until rehearsals to start in December 08 to prepare for the full staging in Feb 09 (watch this space).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|