Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, September 06, 2004

the COOLEST place on earth

Justin's new place is very nice. Nice and spacious. The irony is that he and I picked the smallest (aside from the guest room which is off the same size) room. Though small, it's literally the coolest room in the whole house. The whole week while he was away, I slept with both the ceiling fan and air-conditioning off every night.

Puteh (a canine with white fur) has a friend next door, Archie is a black dog. Archie fancies coming over to our garden through this dog-hole, in every sense of the word -- a hole between the fencing that separates the two back yards. The irony for Puteh is that, she was used to let loose at the smaller, old house (a semi-detached house where she would roam the back yard and spend a lot of time sleeping in the piano-room/maid-room/store-room/back-room) whereas now that she's moved to this spacious split-level bungalow...she's chained up most of the day. I asked Mama (Justin's granny, minister of the domestic affairs ministry) why, apparently Puteh has this notorious (new) hobby of digging/playing with soil from the planters box placed in the compound. Maybe I can look around for a dog-training manual...

One of the perks that came with the house is the bloodsucker community. Justin has a record of killing over 20 mosquitoes in 10 minutes at the old house, he would be up to his neck here.

Back to my room. It has the best view, in my opinion. It faces the back yard, which has a nice view of our neighbour's tall handsome tree with romantic foliage (what tree I don't know la), on a morning when my curtain is not drawn closed, it's a nice picture to wake up to...then when I lather up shampoo in the bath room, I can still see the tree from the window there.

The neighbour on the left has a cool deep green color-tiled pool at the front of their house, the whole house is enveloped in huge tall green plants...whatever I can see from my side of the house (I've not been inside their gate) is either dark wood color or yellow beiger. No dogs it seem.

Back to the house, I call the first floor hall area the `the-reception-area-where-on-one-hangs-out', it has a big and long chandelier hanging down, it's so low I can touch the crystal. The lonely piano is there, the power plug waiting to be replaced. Justin's parents and his brother sleep up here in two big rooms. Speaking of big, I have the biggest bathroom in the house, haha, I like this picture: the biggest bathroom in the smallest bedroom! Wicked.

The dining and living areas, downstairs right outside Justin and my room is the most happening place, because the kitchen, the glass books cabinet and the TV are all there. Our room is in the heart of all recreations/entertainment: food, books and Astro!!! What more can I ask for?!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|