Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Testing 123 & random thoughts

See if this works, email my posting to the blog without going online.

Just like when i first got my `Speak French in 3 months', i couldn't leave
this site for an hour. Girlfriends are excited over my new acquisition of
the site.

Stayed home on National Day to sort out books for the entire family
(Justin's family) for their new book cabinet. First shelf started with his
mom's 4 antique dolls, one of them has to sit on something to be steady,
so Adrian's (yes I've been having his book since 2001, me think) Complete
Works of Oscar Wilde went under the doll's cute ass. Too thin to give the
support I want (!!!!!), I replaced that with my collection of Penguin
classics: Diary of A Nobody, To The Lighthouse, Lady Chatterley's Lover,
Fanny Hill and Diary of Dorian Gray.

then i found my diary (1997-1999) in one of the boxes. I spend my last
hour before I hit the sack last night reading my entries...some of them
make me blush. I was such an angry late teen (??) and I was sooo eager
for male attention, it seemed. I remember what life was like back then
but reading it in details is just, more in my face...good thing is, the
reading makes you appreciate everything more.

also found was `Meditations - Marcus Aurelius', misplaced (apparently I
packed it) since before we moved. I will post the first teaching here,
from page one:

"Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with
interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and
selfishness -- all of them due to the offenders' ignorance of what is good
or evil. But for my part I have long perceived the nature of good and its
nobility, the nature of evil and its meanness, and also the nature of the
culprit himself, who is my brother (not in the psychical sense, but as a
fellow-creature similarly endowed with reason and a share of the divine);
therefore none of these things can injure me, for nobody can implicate me in
what is degrading. Neither can I be angry with my brother or fall foul of
him; for he and I were born to work together, like a man's two hands, feet,
or eyelids, or like the upper and the lower rows of his teeth. To obstruct
each other is against Nature's Law -- and what is irritation or aversion but
a form of obstruction?"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|