Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, September 03, 2004

old entries...new realisations

Anwar is free!!!

I gotta find a way to set my Sangkancil subscription to daily digest, poor server can't take it!

Am addicted to reading my old diaries -- now my bedtime story book. I was a little shocked to read stuff about myself that I can't recall, if not for those pages, in my own hand-writing. I find it creepy that I have forgotten how I felt back then...I didn't remember how miserable I was, funny how most people remember me as the sunny-face in any group.

1998-1995 - angry teen series

1996-1999 - the men-hating years

2000-2001 - confused

2002-current - Discovery series :)

am happy that my angry days are over.

Today's teaching from Marcus Aurelius' [Meditations]:

"An angry look on the face is wholly against nature. If it be assumed frequently, beuaty begins to perish, and in the end is quenched beyond rekindling. You must try to realise that this shows the unreasonableness of it; for if we lose the ability to perceive our faults, what is the good of living on?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|