Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, December 06, 2012

walking, talking, thinking, breathing --- singing

The advantage of having friends who are equally passionate about the same craft as you...you get to chat, inspire, encourage each other in going forward.

Scott Woo recently got posted to Adelaide for work, for a year or so.  All his music projects in town had to go on hold.  He dived head into the local music scene literally the second he touched down, his determination and interest are amazing and inspiring.  He has been auditioning non stop for choirs and such, seeking out singing teachers in the neighborhood, etc...scouting non stop basically.

A long email came from him today, `forcefeeding' a few of us here in town with his latest finds in music, his auditions, his new offers and his thoughts on the `local sound'.

I clicked `reply' the minute I finished reading.  I too have been over working in the singing department and want to share with him my latests:


"wow, i like that you just write in and force-feed us!! LOL way to go!!

sounds good, I think the `too much music' in a year thing may keep you
happy in your `off-shore' posting there?  put up clips ok of your
rehearsals and such.

it certainly sounds really exciting there, whatever you have been
putting yourself thro...these scouting and auditions and meetings.

i am struggling with my singing technique here, while i got some new
useful skills from cecilia the last few month - it's proven that am a
bit slow in getting used to using these new skills as my second
nature.  my bad habits are quite severe... good news is that she made
me discover how far i can push my voice and how much richness i am
capable of producing...of course, only when i do it right ;p

so, anyway, hopefully with next year looming and I hope to be more
focused and discipline - a constant struggle, i am able to graduate to
be a slightly more skillful singer and perhaps, a mezzo :) with better
high notes :)

ok, better get back to my work for now.  keep the
updates/force-feeding coming :D "

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|