Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

face the music and dance

You gotta face the music and dance.  I talked to my nerves almost non-stop for days.  It's always been a work-in-progress - figuring out ways to work with nerves and inner demons.  

So I decided to just go right up to my nerves, acknowledge its presence, shake hands and lay down my grounds.  I cannot drive it away so I will learn to live with it and make the relationship work.  
I sang three songs last night with Mei Lin on piano.  The Fazioli has its top opened wide and big.  One of my songs had passages that were hanging a little too high for me.  I didn't get suck up on stage and die, I stood there and delivered the performance...through all my flaws and warts.  Some people thought I was good, I had so much to tell them about what needed major work in my singing but I tried to just say thank you, and that I would work harder.

Chie Haur, flute master


with Mei Lin

This is a transformation year for my portfolio.  So will be next year.  

2011 - the breakthrough of my own gig at No Black Tie, the beginning of a language of a songstress.  Hold your own 2 sets on a stage where people sit down for the happenings on stage, not for an annual dinner, or a wedding, or a fashion show.

2012 - the portrait of a songstress that takes the shape of The Shanghai Jazz singer, with a flavour of Cabaret and show tunes.  Original tunes start brewing.

2013 - juggling song-writing, French song recital, work more in singing class, learning French...and continue getting better at singing Mandarin.


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Skylight Contractors Ocala said...

Appreciate thhis blog post

1:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|