Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Days Flying Passed

His anniversary tomorrow.  Two years.  Nell and I are going to volunteer at the soup kitchen with his mommy tomorrow morning, like last year on October 3rd.

We bought secondhand aprons for the occasion.  It's my first apron since my school days.  I remember mom had to make me an apron for the Kamahiran Hidup class in high school.

This song by Pink Martini (Everywhere) sounds like a dedication for he and I:


Everywhere I go I know
Everywhere I go will glow
The sleepy summer sky
The lovers passing by
All the cities too 
Make me think of you

Everywhere I go I see
A world designed for you and me
I always realised with every new sunrise
That you are with me everywhere

I've never ever known a love that lasted
Beyond the thrill of a first kiss
This love of ours has utterly surpassed it
And now my bliss is this

Every time I'm far from home
I am never quite alone
Whenever we're apart
You're always in my heart
For you are with me everywhere

Every time I'm far from home
I am never quite alone
Whenever we're apart
You're always in my heart
For you are with me everywhere

I have moved on in so many ways with my life since two years, I feel.  I have learned so many many new things in the two years, and so many things I still don't do well enough.  I wish I knew more about his family on how they are doing with the two years, though kept in close contact and I see them most every week, I don't get a peep into their inner lives...inside worlds.  Still there is a nice and warm comforting feeling when I spend time in their house. 

Still I wonder the meaning of moving on.  How do you move on after you've had the best one?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger SoftBunny said...

You have been a very brave girl. I too am experiencing the loss of my hubby who passed away on 20th Aug 2012. We had 3 sweet years of dating and 1 sweet year of marriage. I can really relate to the pain and loss that you've been feeling.

7:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|