Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Lovely Monday

I woke up this morning to a meaningful reminder. J came to my sleepy head and sat down next to me and said, "..remember when I first started going to theatre to see you there? I remember you were the front of house staff and the dresser to the actor (it was Five Letters From An Eastern Empire with Edwin Sumun). Look at you now, now you're the one singing, dancing & acting on stage. You've come so far. Clever girl...you are making good progress ok?"

It is of course easier to see where I started and where I am today and feel good about the miles I've travelled. Things always seem harsher when you compare yourself with others - but the Chinese saying is ever so so true, about how comparing one with another can kill you -- there are people above your level and there are others below your level.

There is nothing lovelier than to have started my day with such a reminder from my partner. Love you.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aragang said...

You have come a long way, Janet, and should be proud of your progress and achievements. Seeing you on-stage during Broadway Parodies Lagi Lah reminded me of that time in my house, rehearsing the dance for PGL audition :) Still got that video somewhere. You did great on the show. Keep it up!

11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|