Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Purrr of satisfaction

The one thing you can do to pamper yourself, in your bachelor flat, is to whip up a simple dinner for yourself, and the simple meal that you simply cannot go wrong, taste damn good, that, is living a good life for me.

I bought my first rice cooker, ever, today. Local brand, Faber, RM 108. It has a switch button for you to choose cooking porridge or rice, damn cool.

To go with the rice, I made my first Chinese lotus roots soup, with lots of ground peanuts and black beans, and flavoured mushroom roots.

And I fried two eggs with lots of chopped garlic.

Results? Heaven.

It's been grand, I'm a god-ma, half done with the 1 Utama Merdeka Fun Fair coordinator job (look for exciting details of the fun fair!!!), I got some equally exciting shows coming up.

And I've got food in the fridge!!!

Have been really, seriously undisciplined with proper diet. The only decent food I had at home for the past two weeks have been milk & cereal...then towards the end of last week I resort to instant noddles again.

Now that I have a rice cooker, I feel like a superwoman in my kitchen. For a die-hard carbo-addict or rice-lover, the possibilities of rice-cooker meals are endless...

Egg-rice - pour in seasoned beaten raw eggs into freshly cooked rice in the cooker, close lid and let it cooks for a few minutes and have a hearty meal! Variations - add raisins, cheese, butter, garlic, onions....mushrooms, hmmmmm.

Butter rice

Cheese rice

Vegetable rice, perfect with the steam-plate that comes with the cooker...

Raisins & butter rice

Porridge...

Here's to a good life head for me, with lots of home cook meals.


*Anti climax update*
weep*

Was looking to download the pictures taken of me with my godson Max on the 18th to blog here....not found in any of my memory cards, except for whole load of silly party pictures.

Grave thought came upon me, I must have accidentally deleted all of them from the card!

Also lost are the pictures taken of my sister and Nell with Max, and Max's parents.

If they found out I deleted their pictures with Max they'd probably want to kill me....they won't be the only ones.

Am taking a deeep breathe...gotta move on, gotta move on, gotta have more pictures taken with Max.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|